||Cisco Gateways and Gatekeepers Certification Preparation
||CCNA and CVOICE certification or equivalent experience.
||PBX and data technicians, administrators and engineers responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Cisco voice gateways and gatekeepers.
successful completion students will be able to:
- Understand the role of gatekeepers and gateways in a coverged network.
- Configure MGCP with Cisco Call Manager
- Configure H.323 gateways using gatekeepers on Cisco devices
- Implement SIP dial peers and UA registration
- Configure and troubleshoot analogue, PRI and IP trunks
- Configure FX0, FXS and DID connections
- Configure class maps to classify traffic types for QoS
- Configure FAX relay with MGCP, SIP and H.323 gateways
- Configure digit maniupulation for trunking
- Configure path selection using CAC and RSVP with MGCP
- Configure Class of Restriction (COR)
- Implement SRST with gateways
- Assign DSP resources for gateways
- Understand the need for IP to IP voice gateways
- The role of voice gateways in the converged network
- Gateways in MGCP, SIP, and H.323 protocols
- Trunking Options FXO, FXS, ISDN PRI, analogue circuits
- Digit Manipulation and Dial Plans for trunking
- Class of Restriction
- Call Admission Control (CAC)
- Optimizing DSP resources
- IP to IP Gateways
- SRST using gatekeepers
||Lectures and extensive hands-on lab exercises
||Up to 8 attendees
||An exam of similar level to the Cisco certification exam will be given on the last day.
||This course is designed for those wishing to prepare for the Cisco 642-453 GWGK Exam in the Cisco CCVP track.