||Cisco Unified Communications Manager AXL Database Scripting
||Cisco CIPT1, or equivalent experience with CUCM (Cisco Call Manager). An understanding of Java, PERL or C++ is preferred but not required.
||Maintenance technicians, database specilists and pre-stage Cisco voice specialists who are tasked with managing and manipulating complex users databases, trunks and dialplans.
successful completion students will be able to:
- understand fundamental programming concepts to allow for database changes
- understand the approptiate use of AXL database commands for managing and converting complex databases and dialplans
- learn how to rapidly make changes involving hundreds or thousands of entries simultaneously
- understand how to write Java and PERL scripts using SOAP to change CUCM databases
- understand how to deploy the Cisco AXL SOAP API toolkit
- Java and PERL fundamentals
- SQL fundamentals
- Database scripting and potential effected variables
- Scripting for version 6.x and 7.x of CUCM
- Cisco AXL SOAP API toolkit
- Scripts for resetting all phones in the database instead of by group
- Scripts for logging out all extension mobility clients at the end of the day to prevent toll fraud
- Scripts to change dial plans due to changes in NXX, area code overlays, DIDs or prefixes
- Custom scripts suggested by students where BAT or manual input is time-consuming
||Lectures, programming exercises, hands-on lab exercises on lab Call Managers
||Up to 8 attendees
||A comprehensive exam will be given at the end of the course.
||This is not an appropriate entry-level course for Cisco voice. It is an advanced course for techs who want to learn how to make large changes to the database in a minimum amount of time for deployment.