||Communication Server 1000 Rls. 6.0 Update - For Technicians
||Previous Meridian 1 Installation and Maintenance Experience. Those learning CS1000 for the first time should take 500100 - CS1000 Installation and Maintenance.
||Experienced Field Technicians, System Engineers and NOC/TAC personnel who are responsible for support of the Communication Server 1000 Release 6.0 Systems.
successful completion students will be able to:
- Understand the major changes of the CS1000 Release 6.0 platform
- Describe the UCM architecture and its implementation
- Install, configure, administer, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform day-to-day operational activities for the software and hardware of a Communication Server CS1000 Rls. 6.0 system.
- Features, hardware components (CP PM Co-Resident Call and Signaling Server, COTS server), new system types, and capacity considerations of CS 1000 Release 6.0 platform
- Upgrade paths supported with CS 1000 Release 6.0
- Unified Communications Management and Common Services (UCM CS) architecture
- New management tools, features, and enhancements
- Add administrative users in Unified Communications Manager
- Security enhancements introduced with CS 1000 Release 6.0
- New networking features and enhancements
- New features and enhancements to the IP Phone portfolio
- SIP Line Gateway
- Serviceability and overlay enhancements for CS 1000 Release 6.0
- Troubleshooting tools, applications, and management functions available within the CP PM and COTS servers
||Lectures, hands-on lab assignments
||Up to 8 attendees
||Complete assignments and hands-on work projects. Must also successfully pass a final examination.
||CS1000 Version 6.x software is used for this course.