||Cisco Unified Messaging Installation, Configuration and Administration
||Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Call Manager).
||Technicians and system administrators responsible for maintaining and administering a Cisco Unity Messaging System.
successful completion students will be able to:
- Understand the hardware and system architecture for Cisco Unified Communications
- Install and configure a Unity Server installation
- Understand the different network standards supported by Unity: VPIM, AMIS, SMTP, Digital Networking and Unity Bridge.
- Utilize standard Cisco Unity Maintenance tools including Audio Management Tools, Diagnostic Tools, Switch Integration Tools and Disaster Recovery
- Understand Cisco Unity Connection and its standard and optional features
- Add, change and remove users accounts using the Cisco Unity Administration Tool
- Monitor and maintain the Cisco Unity system
- Cisco Unified Messaging System hardware
- Cisco Unified Messaging System software
- Installation and upgrade of system software
- Cisco Unity Connection hardware and software integration
- Administrator and subscriber setup and administration
- Cisco Messaging System monitoring, maintenance and reporting
- Unity Networking (VPIM, AMIS, SMTP, etc.)
- Cisco maintenance tools: Aministration Tool, Audio Management, Diagnostic Tool, Switch Integration Tool
- Disaster Recovery Procedures and Failover
||Lecture, group exercises, software configuration
||Up to 8 attendees
||Complete work projects as assigned. A comprehensive test based on the course materials will be administered on the final day.
||This course is based on installing and maintaining an MS Exchange/Unity Installation