||Cisco Unified Communications Implementation
||Previous experience with PABX systems, general telephony
||Technicians and field personnel required to install and maintain Cisco IP phones and Cisco Unity voicemail.
successful completion students will be able to:
- Understand the hardware and system architecture for Cisco Unified Communications
- Install and configure a Cisco IP Phone
- Configure user features for the Cisco IP Phone.
- Configure user features for Cisco Unity voicemail.
- Troubleshoot Cisco IP Phone installation and registration
- Troubleshoot Cisco Unity voicemail issues
- Understand the various implementations of Cisco Unity and its administration.
- Add, change and remove users using Cisco Call Manager
- Add, change and remove users accounts using the Cisco Unity Administration Tool
- Understand the integration of Active Directory in a unified communications environment
- Cisco Unified Communication System hardware
- Cisco Unified Messaging System software
- Installation of Cisco IP phones
- Cisco Unity voicemail
- Unity subscriber setup and administration
- Unified Communications and Active Directory overview.
- Unity Networking (VPIM, AMIS, SMTP, etc.)
- Cisco maintenance tools: Administration Tool, Audio Management Tool, Diagnostic Tool
- Disaster Recovery Procedures
||Lecture, group exercises, software configuration
||Up to 8 attendees
||Complete work projects as assigned. A comprehensive test based on the course materials will be administered on the final day.
||This course is intended for field technicians to install and configure a Cisco Call Manager IP Phone with Unity. Cisco certification preparation courses can be found on this website.